The Minot Public Library connects, enriches, and inspires.
The Minot Public Library will be the center of information and exploration for the community. The Library will be a leader in both traditional and state-of-the-art library services, be responsive to the diverse interests and needs of residents of all ages, and create productive partnerships within the Minot community and the region.
- Provide excellent customer services with a competent, well trained, and motivated staff.
- Respond to the interests and needs of adult patrons of the library.
- Serve as a children's door to learning while promoting the enjoyment of reading.
- Provide an environment for teen exploration and expression while continuing to promote the enjoyment of reading.
- Make residents and organizations of the Minot community aware of the library's resources and services.
- Continue to upgrade technology, electronic resources, and access to materials and information services.
- Manage library resources and functions effectively to achieve the service goals within given financial limitations.
- Provide a state-of-the-art facility through planning and funding.
The Library Board of Trustees are:
- Susan Gessner, President (term expires 2018)
- Ryan Ackerman (term expires 2019)
- Kari Kvigne (term expires 2019)
- Lisa Olson (term expires 2019)
- Alan VanDelinder (term expires 2017)
- Janet Anderson (Library Director)
The Library Board of Trustees governs library operations. Board members must be residents of Minot and are appointed under authority of state statute to three-year terms. The Board meets on the third Thursday of every month at 4:15 PM in the Library's Conference Room. The meeting dates are subject to change by action of the Board. Please call 852-1045 to confirm the date.
Statement of Bylaws for the Minot Public Library Board